Simplicity - an easy-to-use gas specifically adapted to stainless steel
• TIG welding gas for austenitic stainless steels
•Simple and efficient, ARCAL™ R1-2 reduces your welding time compared to pure Argon
• The controlled hydrogen content of this TIG shielding gas stabilizes the electric arc and facilitates manual adjustments
Performance - Welding quality
• ARCAL™ R1-2 allows you to obtain a nice compact weld bead with very low oxidation
• Austenitic stainless steel is not sensitive to cold cracking (which occurs in the presence of water on other stainless steel qualities which can be weakened by hydrogen)
• The 2.4% hydrogen content of ARCAL™ R1-2 therefore makes it an ideal TIG or plasma welding gas for increasing welding speed without affecting the properties of austenitic stainless steel.
• The reducing effect of hydrogen gives a shiny appearance to your weld bead and thus limits the required passivation time
Ease of use
• ARCAL™ R1-2 is the reference shielding gas for high quality TIG welding on thin thicknesses of austenitic stainless steels
• Thanks to the presence of hydrogen, ARCAL™ R1-2 increases welding penetration and speed, saving time for all your welding or passivation operations.
• It is the optimal shielding gas for welding thin thicknesses of austenitic stainless steel with a TIG machine, in all positions, whether in manual, automated or robotic welding.
• Electrical parameters are easy to adjust in manual mode thanks to the combined effects of hydrogen: stabilization and high temperature of the arc, plus the reducing nature of the gas which prevents oxidation of the bead
• Cylinders at the TOP : ARCAL™ R1-2 is fitted as standard with SMARTOP™ for easy use. Optional: EXELTOP™ head with integrated regulator valve.
• Packaging of all sizes, from cylinders to bundles, adapted to your needs
Reliability - A quality product
• A perfectly controlled composition at 2.4% hydrogen H2 in Argon, specially designed for thin stainless steels and for the comfort of use of the welder by reducing emissions of harmful elements (NOx, ozone)
• The precise hydrogen content of ARCAL™ R1-2 is optimized to increase the temperature of the arc and stabilize it and generates a nice-looking and shiny bead without blisters
• Complies with ISO 14175-R1-ArH-2,4